French I – Course description
Self-study course: $99/level. Purchase our French I & II self-study courses for $149, and French I, II, III & IV (4 semesters) for $249, & all 6 courses (French I through Advanced French) for $349.
Purchase our self-study course for $99/level: Start at any time and continue at your own pace.
Students get unlimited access to the course they purchase.
Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Paypal allows you to pay by credit card without opening a Paypal account. Click here to sign up.
Click Here for French IA classes for kids.
Curriculum covered in French I:
Over 9 hours of video lessons + oral comprehension + written exercises (with answers)
- The use of “être” & “avoir”
- Adjectives to describe people & things (+ irregular adjectives)
- Parts of the body
- Counting up to 1 billion
- Definite & indefinite articles
- How to use –er, -ir, -re and irregular verbs (all the most useful verbs that other books or schools don’t teach)
- The negative form, including ne…jamais, ne…plus, ne…personne, ne… que
- The use of « de » or « d’ » after the negative form
- The 3 ways of asking questions
- Demonstrative adjectives
- Use of the pronoun “on”
- Use of French adverbs
- Questions words: où / quand / quoi / comment / pourquoi
- Near future
- How to tell time
- Possessive adjectives
- Venir de + infinitive
- C’est vs Il/elle est
- Locating people & things