– Self-study course:
Self-study courses can be accessed to on Moodle. The cost of one course (equivalent of a semester) is $99. You can purchase 2 semesters for $149, 4 semesters for $249, and the entire course (6 levels) for $349. Self-study courses can be purchased at any time with lifetime access. Click here to choose your package.
– Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Email us to learn more.
- Learn French with the former private English teacher of French President Chirac’s daughter & grandson.
- Learn French in an easy & fun way, with plenty of material (video, audio & written) to study in addition to lessons, with instant correction.
- Compare slow and fast (native) pronunciation patterns with our video speed control.
- Learn all the most useful words & idiomatic expressions used daily by native speakers, and that no other school or method will teach you.
- Click here to get an idea of what French classes are like.
Register by clicking here to choose a course or package of courses.
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
FREE FRENCH LESSONS FOR
Email us at contact @language-city.com to get free access to our beginners’ course. Discover all the advantages of learning French at Language City with a simple, enjoyable and efficient method. This is a great opportunity to learn French with the very best French teacher you will meet, the former private English teacher of French President Chirac’s daughter & grandson.
French I – Course description
Self-study course: $99/semester. Purchase our French I & II self-study courses for $149, and French I, II, III & IV (4 semesters) for $249.
Purchase our self-study course for $99/class: Start at any time and continue at your own pace.
Students get unlimited access to the course they purchase.
Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Paypal allows you to pay by credit card without opening a Paypal account. Click here to register.
Click here for French IA classes for kids.
Curriculum covered in French I:
- The use of “être” & “avoir”
- Adjectives to describe people & things (+ irregular adjectives)
- Parts of the body
- Counting up to 100
- Definite & indefinite articles
- How to use –er, -ir, -re and irregular verbs (all the most useful verbs that other books or schools don’tteach)
- The negative form, including ne…jamais, ne…plus, ne…personne, ne… que
- The use of « de » or « d’ » after the negative form
- The 3 ways of asking questions
- Demonstrative adjectives
- Use of the pronoun “on”
- Use of French adverbs
- Questions words: où / quand / quoi / comment / pourquoi
- Near future
- How to tell time
- Possessive adjectives
- Venir de + infinitive
- C’est vs Il/elle est
- Locating people & things
French II – Course description
Purchase our self-study course for $99/class. Purchase our French I & II self-study courses for $149, and French I, II, III & IV (4 semesters) for $249. You can start our self-study course at any time during the year, and you get lifetime access. Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Email us to learn more. Click here to register.
Curriculum covered in French II:
- “Etre en train de”
- avoir besoin de
- Imperative mood
- Work on infinitive constructions
- Recent past with “venir de + infinitive”
- -dre verbs + irregular verbs (mettre/boire)
- More irregular verbs : devoir/pouvoir
- Translation of “all the” & “the whole”
- Direct/indirect object pronouns
- Pronouns y & en
- How to use “rester” & “manquer” beyond their basic use
- Passé composé of regular verbs : 1st, 2nd & 3rd group
- Reflexive verbs in the present tense (you will learn all the most useful reflexive verbs used by theFrench on a daily basis that no other school will teach you.
- Contractions with « de »
- Adjectives used as nouns
French III – course description
Purchase our self-study course for $99/class. Purchase our French III & IV self-study courses for $149, and French I, II, III & IV (4 semesters) for $249. You can start our self-study course at any time during the year, and you get lifetime access. Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Email us to learn more. Click here to register.
Curriculum covered in French III:
- Present tense review
- adjective placement
- Near future
- Passé composé: irregular verbs + être verbs
- Partitive articles
- Negative expressions in passé composé
- Direct/Indirect Object pronouns in present and passé composé
- Most used reflexive verbs present, imperative & passé composé (the complete list)
- Simultaneous use of direct & indirect object pronouns
- Object pronouns with 2 consecutive verbs
- ce qui vs ce que
- Ça fait
- Quel & lequel
- Savoir vs connaitre
- Uses of the verb “falloir”
- Depuis vs pendant
- The most useful conjunctions & connecting words
- Bonus lessons on important structures no one will teach you
French IV – Course description
Purchase our self-study course for $99/class. Purchase our French III & IV self-study courses for $149, and French I, II, III & IV (4 semesters) for $249. Get $20 off for every referral of a self-study course. Email us to learn more. Click here to register or scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Curriculum covered in French IV:
- Plural of nouns
- Interrogative pronouns
- Use of “avoir besoin de”
- Use of : “Il faut”
- Irregular verbs: aller, faire, vouloir, pouvoir, savoir, dire & écrire
- Reflexive verbs
- Direct & indirect object pronouns
- Conjugated verb + infinitive
- ne… plus, ne…rien, ne…personne, ne…que
- Dès que/quand
- demonstrative pronouns
- Adverbs in passé composé
- y/en pronouns
- Comparative correlative (the more…)
- Si clauses with present, future & conditional
- The 3 translations of the verb “to mean”
- The various meanings & translations of the verbs “can” & “to keep”
- Many bonus lessons on important structures no book teaches
Advanced French – Course description
Click here to register for our self-study course for $99/course. Take part in our referral program and get $20 off for every referral of a study-course. Keep in mind that Paypal allows you to make a payment by credit card without opening a Paypal account. You can start our self-study course at any time during the year, and you get lifetime access to the course. Our advanced self-study course includes 20 lectures for a total of more than 16 hours of lessons. Each lecture comes with an oral comprehension exercise with slow and fast pronunciation. Course also includes many exercises (2 hours altogether) of oral comprehension exercises focusing on specific structures. You feel like you can converse but you still make too many errors on articles, prepositions, conjunctions, and lack vocabulary & idiomatic expressions? You feel like you can get your point across, but your comprehension is not where you would like it to be? This is the course for you. All the most useful idiomatic expressions have been gathered on this course, just for you. This program will have the same effect on you as spending a year in France. Once you have registered (scroll down), you will receive your login information by email within a few hours.
Advanced French curriculum:
– The many translations & meanings of the verbs “to keep”, “to mean”, & “can”
– to be missing sth / to be $___ short
– to have _____ left (time/quantity…)
– to be/live ______ miles/minutes (away) from a place.
– Could have / should have / must have + past participle
– Most useful words & idiomatic expressions as well as structures
– To be mad at someone – To get + past participle (fired / yelled at / evicted…)
– Translation of the English passive voice into French
– Use of present & past subjunctive
– All the reflexive verbs & faire expressions you’ve never heard before & that we use everyday
– “By”… the end of the day / the end of the week / the end of the year…
– Present vs past subjunctive and much much more!
Watch this free advanced French class to get an idea of what you will be learning.
Language City is the one destination to learn a foreign language in a fun environment.
Join students from all over the world to learn French with the very best French teacher money can buy.
Why Choose Us
- Learn a language in a fun and easy way.
- What you learn is relevant; lessons are made simple and are more accurate than anywhere else.
- All lessons are pre recorded and can be watched on demand 24/7.
- Learn from the very best teacher in the world.
- Get plenty of extra practice to enhance your skills.