Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do we know what level to sign up for?
On the registration page, for each level, you will see the material that be covered. This is how you can tell what language to sign up for. Go to the page of the language you want to learn, and click on the level/registration tab on the left-hand side.
2) How long do we have access to the self-study course?
You will have unlimited access to what you purchase, unless you subscribe for 1, 6, or 12 months.
3) How many levels are there?
There are 6 levels in our French course.
4) How much do your self-study courses cost?
There are 7 levels altogether. Each individual level costs $99. You can get 2 levels at a time for $149, 4 levels for $249, and all 6 levels for $349. The last level, Advanced French B, is sold separately. You can also subscribe for a limited amount of time: 1 month for $19.95, 6 months for $99, or 12 months for $149.
5) How are your courses organized? How does it work?
From French I to French V, the pattern is usually: one video lesson, one video for oral comprehension and one written exercise (or more) for the corresponding videos. There are extra written exercises for extra practice as well. Click here and fast-forward 1mn 55 sec into the video to take a peek at our platform. You basically go from link to link. You can always return to a previous link to review.
6) How many hours of teaching are there in each level?
There are 10 hours of lessons in French I, over 11 hours in French II, III & IV, 17 hours in French V, and over 16 hours in each Advanced French A & B. That is without counting the oral comprehension exercises.
7) Can I access the self-study course from my phone?
You can access the self-study course from any computer, tablette or smart phone.
9) I don’t want to open a Paypal account to pay. Can I pay by credit card?
You have two options to pay: Paypal, or debit/credit card through Stripe.
10) Does Alex de Chambure teach all classes?
Yes, Alex created & developed the entire French course. He is the one who teaches everything.
11) Do you offer classes for kids?
Yes, we do. The website is http://www.LanguageCityAcademy.com.
12) How can I know my level to choose what classes to purchase? Do you have an assessment test?
Yes, click here to take our assessment test. If you score a perfect 50/50, take the Advanced French course (A & B are sold separately). From 45 to 49 out of 50, start on French V. From 31 to 44 out of 50, start on French III. Below 30/50, start on French I.
14) Where are your students from?
Language City is the one destination to learn a foreign language in a fun environment.
Why Choose Us
- Learn a language in a fun and easy way.
- What you learn is relevant; lessons are made simple and are more accurate than anywhere else.
- All classes are recorded and can be watched on demand 24/7.
- Learn from the very best teachers in the nation.
- Get plenty of extra information to continue learning in between classes.